Monday 3 November 2014

ATLANTIS THE PALM - DUBAI SERIES #5


As the Dubai Series comes to an end, it's time to share with you my favourite place to go to in Dubai, Atlantis the Palm. 
The Atlantis hotel is probably one of the most famous hotels in the world and so it should be. I could happily spend a whole week there without even leaving the resort because there are just so many fun things to do! 
It's probably not every bodies cup of tea, in fact, I've even heard of people comparing it to a posh Butlins. But hey, you can't please everyone can you? 

Personally, I'm not a fan of quiet hotels, especially ones that have no atmosphere and you feel like you're the only person staying there. 
Staying at the Atlantis was a completely different experience than staying at any other hotel I've ever been to. With a nightclub, multiple bars and even a water park, there were certainly no quiet moments during the trip. 

There are just so many things to do at the Atlantis that it's easier to break it up into four bits, showing you all the places that I fell in love with there!


1. Aquaventure Water Park 

























Personally, I'm not one for water park rides as I'm a bit (ok a lot) of a scaredy cat. But this water park was just so beautiful with its palm trees and crisp blue water that I spent nearly every morning here on the little dingy bopping along the lazy river. And when I felt a bit more adventurous, I conquered The Rapids.
For all of you who are a bit more adventurous than me, there are some slightly more scary rides as well such as the Leap of Faith, and Shark Attack where you ride through a lagoon filled with sharks, scary right?

I know there are other water parks in Dubai that are much more famous such as Wild Wadi, but I think Aquaventure is more suited for adults and is much more relaxed because there is a completely different section for children. 
Even if you're not staying at the Atlantis, it's worth buying tickets for the water park as you can use all their other facilities such as the other beaches and swimming pools that they have to offer. 


2. Nasimi Beach 

















Atlantis has two beaches at the hotel and boy are they different. I only discovered Nasimi beach on the last day of the holiday and I wish I had spent more time there. The other beach that we were going to at the hotel was practically deserted and lacked some serious atmosphere. So I felt like I had died and gone to heaven when I came across this beauty. 

Nasimi Beach has everything that you could possibly need: sofas, bed loungers,cocktails, shisha pipes and even a live DJ. This is my idea of perfection when it comes to relaxing on holiday and it was open till the early hours of the morning when it turned into an outdoor nightclub. I can't even begin to explain how beautiful this part of the hotel was so I hope the photos above does it justice. 


3. The Lost Chambers Aquarium



How many hotels can say that they have an aquarium? Not many, right? I'm not a big fan of aquariums and had never been to one before. In my mind, most of them are pretty old fashioned with snotty kids pressing their noses up against the window (from what I had seen on TV). So it was refreshing to see a nice modern aquarium and they even had gold seats to relax on if looking at all the fish got a bit too much for you (how very Dubai). 

It's a bit strange to have a favourite fish, but the one in the photo above was the spitting image of me when I'm not very impressed with someone or something. It really creeped me out knowing that a shark was just meters away from me and all I could think of was the glass breaking in front of me(just a tad morbid). But that still didn't stop me from getting right up close to the glass watching all the stringrays and sharks floating right past me. 


4. Saffron 




With the Atlantis having 23 restaurants, bars and lounges you're spoilt for choice really. If you do choose to stay there most of the deals come with half board so you'll end up going to at least a few of these places. Saffron is an Asian style buffet serving food from all the different countries in the Asian continent. Compared to buffets in the UK, it really is shocking the variety that they have available. 

In Dubai, brunch is a big thing. On Friday (the day of rest in Islam), expats from far and wide, flock in their masses to Dubai's best hotels for brunch where the alcohol is normally unlimited.Even if you're not a big drinker, I would definitely recommend brunching in Dubai as the hotels normally put on a big show seeing as its the most busiest and important day of the week for them. Saffron is extremely famous among expats for their Friday brunches. With its unlimited food, cocktails, alcoholic drinks and even a live DJ, its the place to be on a Friday. 



Atlantis can be expensive to stay at. However, if you look online with some of the UK travel agencies you can find a pretty good deal. And if you book in advance, you can get it a lot cheaper than other less well known hotels in the area. I hope you have enjoyed the Dubai series and that after reading these posts, you now have places to visit on your list for when you go over there.  







No comments:

Post a Comment